NUT FREE, DAIRY FREE
Kids (and adults) just need to have snacks on hand, otherwise they go for the unhealthy stuff. These healthy gelatin jello gummies fit the bill! Full of protein-packed gelatin, it is filling and delicious. They are so simple to make and it’s super easy to grab a few for a quick and nutritious snack on the go!
It’s Top 8 Allergen free (peanut free, dairy free, tree nut free, soy free, egg free, wheat free, fish free, shellfish free).
HEALTHY GELATIN JELLO GUMMIES
There are so many good flavors you can experiment with, but this one is perfect for Valentine’s Day, which is right around the corner. The clear pink color just helps get you into the spirit of Valentine’s!
These healthy gelatin jello gummies would fit nicely into a school snack or lunch on Valentine’s Day or even for the class party! Actually they’re a great treat ANY day.
We love this recipe for so many reasons, and so will you!
- It’s healthy. It’s full of amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- It’s bite sized.
- There’s no crumbs!
- It’s not sticky or greasy, so fingers are virtually “clean” after popping it in your mouth.
- It’s a watered down juice (shhh…), so it’s less sweet.
- No added sugars or food coloring.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Allergic Princess will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 1 1/4 Cups strawberry lemonade
- 3/4 Cup boiling water
- honey optional
- Separate and pour 1/2 cup of strawberry lemonade into bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin in a thin layer on top of the strawberry lemonade in the bowl.
- Wait a few minutes for the gelatin to bloom. All the gelatin powder should be wet.
- Add boiling water into the bowl and stir until all the gelatin is melted and the mixture is clear. *
- Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup of strawberry lemonade.
- You can optionally add in honey if you want it sweeter. We leave out the honey as we like it less sweet.
- Pour into a 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. It should be very firm to the touch.
- Cut into squares and store in fridge.
- * If the gelatin mixture is still not clear after stirring in the boiling water, transfer mixture to a pot and warm until it all melts.
- We recommend using a grass fed gelatin to get maximum health benefits. You can use the Knox brand gelatin from the supermarket as well, but it's not grass fed.
GRASS FED GELATIN
This is what the blooming gelatin looks like. Just make sure all the gelatin powder soaks up some cold or room temperature liquid, otherwise when you go to add the boiling hot water, the mixture won’t melt evenly and you’ll get little pieces of hard jello in the final product.
For maximum nutrition, we like this grass fed gelatin by Great Lakes in the RED CONTAINER. It’s an Unflavored Beef Gelatin which comes in a 16 ounce can. Don’t get confused with a similar product which comes in the green container – that one will NOT solidify the jello and is used in drinks like smoothies.
Gelatin is an excellent source of protein. To read about all the health benefits of gelatin, head over to Dr. Axe.
If you like these healthy jello gummies, how about some Sugar Cookies?
What occasion will you use this cookie dough for? Let’s hear it!
Be sure to pin it: