7 STEPS TO EMPOWER KIDS WITH FOOD ALLERGIES
Empower our Kids with Food Allergies
Food Allergy Facts and Statistics
- 1 in every 13 children in the U.S. is affected by Food Allergies
- 15 million Americans have food allergies, including 5.9 million children under age 18.
- About 30 percent of children with food allergies are allergic to more than one food.
- Facts cited from FARE.
Let’s EMPOWER our kids to make safe choices and speak up for themselves.
VIDEO – EMPOWER KIDS WITH FOOD ALLERGIES – FOOD ALLERGY AWARENESS
Teach children to:
- Read food labels.
- Ask an adult to check ingredients.
- Watch for cross contamination.
- Ask for offending foods to be removed.
- Decline food when in doubt.
- Be aware of allergic symptoms.
- Carry emergency medications.
Be confident and strong.
Go out and live life to the fullest!
How do you empower your kids? Share in the comments!
Read more on How to support our allergic kids.
VIDEO – SUPPORT FOOD ALLERGY KIDS
Be sure to pin it: