DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE
A healthy ice cream that doesn’t count as dessert! With just 3 healthy ingredients, this allergy friendly dessert hits the spot on a warm summer day. Full of strawberries and coconut milk, you won’t need an ice cream machine to make this delicious dairy free strawberry ice cream. It’s egg free too!
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Allergic Princess will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You can use fresh strawberries if you have them, just wash and remove the stems. If not, frozen strawberries will work just as well!
BLEND IT UP
This recipe is so easy and you’ll have it prepared in just a few minutes time. Just puree the strawberries with a can of coconut milk and you’re almost done. Add some maple syrup depending on your sweet tooth, then just pop it in freezer.
I used our 11 cup food processor to make this. This Cuisinart Food Processor is a newer model of the one we have, as ours is lasting forever. Sixteen years and counting. I’d totally recommend it. I use it to make hummus every week, bread dough, muffin batter, nice cream (frozen bananas blended up into soft serve), oat flour, and lots more. I seriously couldn’t live without this work horse.
- 1 1/2 Cups strawberries, washed with stems removed or frozen
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat from a can (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container (big and shallow is best).
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, stirring every every 1/2 hour with a fork.
- Keep in a covered container in freezer.
- Thaw for 15 minutes before eating.
- Maple syrup is optional, you can add any amount depending how sweet you like it.
Be sure to pin it:
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?